Thursday 3 November 2011

The Trip Part One - Onward to Canada...

Pumpkin patch at De Vries Farm in Fenwick
All Photos: Life in Oz
I woke up Sunday morning with hugs from my mamma and a glorious cup of coffee on my nightstand! Jet lag wasn`t so friendly to me this trip, but that didn`t stop me from having a full, enjoyable trip. My sister was able to get an extra day off of work so we were able to spend the day together on Sunday! It was a beautiful fall day and she wanted us to go for a drive in the country! So we went to one of my favourite places in the world - Ridgeville! There we got some pumpkin spice coffees and took a walk to grab some apples from my favourite farm in Niagara - De Vries! That evening we were able to have some family time, which we all craved. We haven`t had that quality togetherness time in quite a while, so it was very much enjoyed. It was also nice to see my cats again - I have missed having a pet and I especially missed my girls. My cat Bailey (who would never sleep in my bed), snuggled with me every night. I`d like to think it`s because she missed me :)


My favourite part of this trip was having some good quality time with my family and friends -- that itself was such a blessing. I am grateful for my friends who came from out of town just to have lunch with me - I love you and appreciate the time we were able to spend together. I have so missed girl time! So much has happened since I left Canada - three weddings and one engagement - so it was great to see all the friends and family who have had such wonderful changes in their lives!
  
 During the week I was able to meet my baby cousin Emma for the first time! She is the most beautiful baby in the world and I am so glad I got to meet her. My mom and I thoroughly enjoyed having coffee and delicious pumpking spice cupcakes with her and her mom Sarah. Sarah is an amazing mom, and I hope when Damien and I start having kids, that I can be just as natural and relaxed as she is with Emma. I was also able to meet another new addition to the family - Evangeline! She is tiny, snuggly and full of wrinkles! She`s Lara and Nick`s new bulldog puppy! What a cutie!

Every year Lara and I look forward to celebrating `Fall Day` - a day where we celebrate the beautiful season by doing ridiculous fall things! We kick off the day with breakfast in Niagara on the Lake and then we grab a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks and head to Jordan and Ridgeville. This year we celebrated our 7th Fall Day! I have missed having Pumpkin Spice Lattes and although they have Starbucks here, they dont carry those types of lattes, so I was super psyched to have one again! It was great to have a Canadian breakfast again. I have missed that soooo much! Homefries, sausages, pancakes galore! Breakfasts in Oz just aren`t the same. When we arrived in NOTL, I went all out and had the Hungryman breakfast! Deeeelisshh!
 
It sure is my favourite!

 


Heck yes it is!
My sister was able to come home on my last day back which was great. She`s such a trooper - she took a bus at 6am from Toronto just to make it for our family brunch. She was picked up by my other `sister` Deanna who took a bus from Kingston to see me for the weekend! Such great girls! That night we were able to celebrate Halloween a little bit by carving pumpkins and watching a scary movie since I would be missing Halloween during my flight. No matter how old you are, pumpkin carving never gets old :)

 

I had such a wonderful visit back home - Birthday celebrations, family dinners, lunches with friends, enjoying the fall leaves, meeting new family members and good ol` quality time. There were so many family & friends that I wish I could`ve seen, but it was such a quick trip and since it was a surprise, nothing was planned. It was quite freeing having nothing planned and to be able to go with the flow. Thank you to everyone who made my trip home so perfect :) I'm sending lots of love and big hugs to you! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment